Sennheiser HDV 820 Digital Headphones Amplifier
The master key to your music: the HDV 820 unlocks the potential of your Sennheiser headphone collection with class-leading DAC and headphone amplifier technology. With a plethora of state-of-the-art I/O and world-class conversion, it’s the go-to hub for all of your sources.
- Next generation of acclaimed digital headphones amplifier
- Perfectly complements the Sennheiser audiophile headphone range
- Class-leading ESS 9028PRO SABRE digital-to-analog converter
- Capable of playing DSD256 files of up to 12.3 MHz, in addition to PCM files up to 32-bit and 384 kHz sample rate
- Performs brilliantly with digital sources, whether connected optically, coaxially, or via USB
- Audio outputs include XLR3, XLR4, a 6.3 mm jack socket and 4.4 mm Pentaconn socket
- Features balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analog inputs
➦ Sennheiser Synergy
The HDV 820 is a reference-grade solution for critical listening tasks, maximizing headphone performance with top-class digital-to-analog conversion and exquisite amplification. While transducer quality obviously directly impacts high-level response and speed, the path to total immersion requires optimum circuitry from input to output. Our HDV 820 treats virtually any source or dynamic headphone to over 75 years of audio expertise.
➦ What You Hear & What You Don’t
The HDV 820 is a tale of two heroes. Inside, the premium ESS 9028PRO SABRE converter ensures that the ultimate output is a precise match to the digital source, with fast input switching and exacting sound quality. From modern DSD files to the favorite discs in your CD collection, all are received with absolute accuracy and reproduced without extra flavors ever getting in the way. All common word lengths and sample rates are supported for a virtually endless number of digital sources: USB, S/PDIF coaxial and Optical flank the balanced & unbalanced analog inputs on the rear. An ASIO driver is included to support the DSD profiles on a PC, letting you stream up to DSD256 at 12.3 MHz on a Mac or Windows-based source, in addition to PCM files up to 32-bit and 384 kHz sample rate.
Just as important is the purity of the HDV 820’s amp circuitry, providing confident gain with a noise floor cloaked only in silence. The resulting dynamic range (over 115 dB @ 600 Ohms) and instrument separation are incredibly vivid, helping erase the lines between hearing and experiencing on your audiophile headphones. Total harmonic distortion is < 0.001 percent, with frequency response extending beyond the 10 to 100,000 Hz range to provide unbiased performance until the very last moment before reaching your headphones.
➦ You Have New Connections
It’s easier than ever to insert the HDV 820 into your hi-fi setup. Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs complement the digital audio connections already mentioned. The headphone outputs are just as flexible, supporting XLR3, XLR4, 6.3mm and dual 4.4mm balanced Pentaconn plugs. When matched with flagship headphones such as our HD 800 S, HD 820 and HD 660 S, control over Sennheiser’s stunning signature sound is at the tip of your fingers. In addition, all dynamic headphones are supported, letting you dust off classics in your collection to extract those additional performance gains and perform A/B comparisons with ease. Finally, a set of XLR analog outputs pass any source along to other components or even powered audiophile speakers or studio monitors—perfect for critical listening while editing audio or video at your desktop studio.
➦ Design in Mind
The interface of the HDV 820 mirrors its sonic experience with a control panel providing concise, unobstructed feedback. With every touch, the sturdy chassis and satisfying controls remind you that this high-performance workhorse was constructed to outlive its peers. The white LED indicators ensure you never lose your place—a subtle but important feature you come to appreciate after hours of losing yourself in your music.
What’s in the box?
- HDV 820 Headphone Amplifier
- Power supply cable (depending on region; EU, UK, US, CN, KR)
- Quick guide
- Safety guide
- Microfiber cloth
- USB flash drive (SD-U16L version) with instruction manual (as PDF file) and driver software for Microsoft Windows operating systems
We only sell 100% Original True Sound, Top-quality Sennheiser Genuine Products.
- Model Number: HDV 820
- Brand: Sennheiser
- Color: Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 22.4 x 44 x 30.6 Centimeters
- Warranty: 2 years
- DIMENSIONS: Approx. 224 X 44 X 306 Mm
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: < 10 Hz To > 100 KHz
- THD: < 0.001 %
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.25 Kg
- POWER CONSUMPTION: Nominal 12 W, (2 X 300 Ω Headphones Connected To The 4.4 Mm Outputs)
- GAIN: UNBAL Input/XLR-4 Output: Adjustable 14 DB, 22 DB, 30 DB, 38 DB, 46 DB BAL Input/XLR-4 Output: 16 DB
- OPERATING VOLTAGE (MAINS): 100 – 240 V ~, 50 – 60 Hz
- DYNAMIC RANGE: > 115 DB @ 600 Ω Load (A-Weighted)